Don’t underestimate your responsibilities as an employer!
Becoming an employer means you take on a very important role for HMRC.
- You become responsible for collecting taxes from your employees and paying them over to HMRC.
- You must use the correct forms and submit them on-line to HMRC at the correct times. Failure to do so will result in penalties.
- You must use the correct tax code for each employee. Many people are not even aware of the correct emergency code to use.
- If you don’t keep HMRC up-to-date with your employee’s status and benefits, you can also expect penalties.
- It is your responsibility to correctly calculate statutory payments for sick pay, maternity pay and paternity pay and you must deduct the correct amounts of student loans, where applicable.
Frightening, isn’t it?
But not if you let us take over and run the payroll for you.
- Provide you with weekly or monthly payslips.
- Provide you with a payroll summary each week or month, showing you exactly how much you have paid out for that month (including taxes).
- Complete the monthly PAYE return for you and send to you with the amounts to pay and how to pay it in plenty of time before the 19th of each month.
- Ensure that all calculations for student loans, SSP, SMP, SPP and SAP are correctly made.
- Complete all the year-end processes for you – the p14’s, the p60’s for your employees and the all important p35.
- Complete p11d and p9d expenses and benefits forms and submit them to HMRC.
- Complete the car benefits forms for HMRC when your employees take on or change their car.
- Deal with all starters & leavers requirements – forms and on-line submissions to HMRC.
- Set up a new payroll scheme for you with HMRC, if you decide to take on employees.
- Take over an existing payroll scheme which either you or someone else has been running for you.
The only thing we won’t do when it comes to payroll is offer advice or assistance with employment contracts, law, disciplinary or grievance procedures or redundancy. But that doesn’t mean we don’t know a man who can. We work very closely with an employment law specialist who is happy to help with any of the above and more.
If you would like more information on our payroll service, contact us for a chat.
Get in touch ..or give us a call on 01978 844 601.